TRAI Channel Selector App is now available to install in Android mobiles through play store and in iPhones through App Store. With the help of this app, users can now select channels they want to see in a very easy way.
- TRAI Channel Selector App launched by TRAI for channel selection
- It will reduce the cost of channel subscription with its optimize feature
- Major DTH & Cable TV Operators linked with this mobile App
- The App is available in both Android and IOS platforms
TRAI Channel Selector App Launched
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has launched a mobile application that helps users to select channels of their choice on various DTH Operators and MSOs and aims to reduce the costs of channel subscription.
All the major DTH Service Providers and MSOs including Airtel Digital TV, Dishtv, Tata Sky, Asianet, InDigital, D2H, Hathway Digital, and Siti Networks are linked with this mobile app. The TRAI Channel Selector App is now available to install on Android Phones in the Google Play Store and on the Apple iPhone in the App Store.
How to use TRAI Channel Selector App
The TRAI Channel Selector app is very easy to use and has a very clean interface. Every mobile knowing person can use this app very efficiently. However, you can follow the simple steps given below to use the channel selector app:
- First of all, install the TRAI Channel Selector App using Android Play Store or Apple App Store whichever mobile you are using
- After installation, open the app, it will show you the list of major DTH and Cable Operators which are currently linked with this app.
- From the list of operators, choose your operator and click on continue
- In the next screen enter your 10 digits registered mobile number. You can also enter your subscriber Id or VC number. After entering the number, click on continue
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Copy the same and paste into the space provided in the app and click on verify
- After verification, the homepage of the channel selector mobile app will open. In this page you can check your Subscription Id, total number of channels in your pack (including FTA and paid channels), No. of bouquets activated, and No. of individual channels activated. Besides, you can also check your Subscription Value per month and balance amount.
- After that, click on View My Plan and you will enter a new page in which you can add or remove channels/bouquets into your current pack.
- Now click on Edit in front of the Current subscription, here you can remove your base pack and other subscribed bouquets, if not required. You can add the bouquets or al-a-carte channels available below by pressing the plus button into your current plan.
- After the addition of channels/bouquets click on the Submit button available below. On the next page, a summary of your account will display after added/deleted channels. Now click on optimize. The optimized feature will suggest the cheapest plan available with the DTH operator along with the channels you have selected.
- After that click on proceed and you will get a message on your registered mobile number regarding the updation of your subscription plan.
Sort and Filter Options in TRAI App
In TRAI channel selection applications users can also use channel sorting and filtering options available on the top of the app. With sorting features, users can sort the channels in two groups i.e. Pricewise (low to high and high to low) secondly name-wise (A to Z or Z to A).
With the help of filter features, users can filter channels as per their choice. There are so many filters are available:
With the help of the language filter, users can select the language/genre they want to choose in their pack. They can select from Hindi/Punjabi/Bhojpuri/English/Gujrati etc. or genre like devotional/infotainment/ International/Sports/Kids/Lifestyle etc. After choosing selected languages/genre, channels related to selected languages/genre will be shown below to choose.
The second option in the filter is quality. Users can select the quality of channels they want to choose like HD/SD or both. If selected HD, only HD channels will be shown below.
The third and last option in the filter feature is channel pack. Users can select between Base Pack, Other Bouquets, Paid Channels, or Free Channels. The pack you selected, the related channels will be available to choose.
So with the features like sorting and filter will help users to create their packs very easily and fast.
Web Version of Channel Selector App also available
TRAI has launched new tariff order at the beginning of last year to set cable TV and DTH services prices for bouquets and channels. The trend has also been that many consumers worry about the increasing costs of their subscriptions.
TRAI also introduced the web version of the channel selector application last year for the consumers to choose the channels of their choice. However, DTH and Cable TV companies also providing their mobile applications to add/remove channels, bouquets into their current subscription packs.
TRAI Asked APIs for this framework last year
TRAI asked all Distributed Network Operators to share its APIs for this framework in August last year. TRAI emphasizes that it is difficult for consumers to use individual operators’ websites or applications when maintaining their subscriptions. This application is a centralized application in which all the DTH and Cable tv operators will be linked.
The TRAI Channel Selector app is available to install on the Google Play Store and App Store for Android phones and Apple iPhone respectively.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate and ask me through a comment below or email. If you found this article helpful please follow my blog Telecom Guruji and also subscribe to my YouTube Channel for video tutorials.
Video Tutorial of TRAI Channel Selector App
You can also watch this news on YouTube below: